Monday, July 1, 2019

statement of intent

Brief 3 Magazines and online

I have chosen Brief 3 Magazines and online. For this, I have imagined I work for an independent media production company. I have been given the task of producing one front cover and the contents page(s) of the first two editions of a new entertainment magazine that is being launched by Hearst Magazines UK and the working website for magazine. My magazine will be called ‘Peachy’, an entertainment magazine focusing on music, photograpy and social scenes. I will be creating a website with a homepage and a linked page to promote Peachy to its target audience of a fun-loving 16–25 year old mass market demographic and enable fans to interact with the content. 
I will establish a clear sense of branding across the two elements of the cross-media production through the use of fonts, colour, images and style.
I will use four different main images using original photography across the covers and contents pages of Peachy, my web page will also include a gallery of images. I plan to edit all my photos, magazines covers and contents pages so that they are the best quality that they could be. My magazine covers will include coverlines in an appropriate font, colour and style for my audience, such as “Our favourite moments from fests this year” and content pages are going to include text, graphics, typography and layout in an edgy, graphic style. My Cover text will include the masthead “Peachy”, three main coverlines, such as “New upcoming artists to explore inside”. My Contents pages will include headlines with selling lines, such as “SK8TE – Demand for perfection”. Both of my magazines will have different mise-en-scene for each cover – the first will be a festival picture and the second will feature a young student in a trolley in a supermarket car park, reflecting the age and demographic of the readers. 
Two models representing two different social groups will be featured across the magazine covers and contents pages. 
My website will include a homepage with the line “If it doesn’t burn a little then what’s the point playing with fire?” to bring in my young adult audience. The banner will be a moving video of people dancing at a club. There will be some welcome text introducing the magazine and its social media platforms. The visitors to the website will be able to scroll down to a gallery of pictures featuring travel, music and festival images selected from the articles in the magazine, representing a range of people from different social groups such as men, women, various ethnicities and demographics.
My original audio-visual content will be a music video comprising montage of original music festival photos set to clips of featured music.
I intend to link my products in the following ways to demonstrate the digitally convergent nature of my production: my linked page will be scans of the actual magazine covers and their contents pages, to encourage the readers to buy the magazine. There will also be links from a side bar on the home page to social media platforms including Vimeo, YouTube, facebook, Instagram and twitter. My homepage will also feature a logo for the magazine which matches the iconic font I will use for the Peachy title, promoting and reinforcing the brand identity of my magazine. I will have a menu bar with the main sections of the magazine and website: Home, Fashion, Festival, Magazines, Up Coming Events and Music. I will use a dark background running throughout both the magazine and the website. A call to action pointing readers to the online website will be on each magazine contents page: “Go check out our website to see more”.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome note to moderator

Dear  Moderator , My name is Anaya Waine Candidate No ''  ', and welcome  to  my A Level Media Studies  blog . This is a record ...